Sometimes referred to as threads, topics are where you find the actual messages:
Topic: Topic Subject (Read x times)
Here is the text of the message, which is ultimately what we're all here for!
- Some forums show the navigation tree at the top in a space-saving horizontal mode.
- Some forums may also be configured with previous and next topic links.
- The page numbers link to further pages of the topic, and may be accompanied by Go Up and Go Down buttons linking to the top and bottom of the current page.
- The Reply button enables you to reply to the topic.
- The Notify button enables registered members to subscribe to email notification of replies to the topic.
- The Mark Unread button enables registered members to mark the topic as 'unread', which means that it will still be listed as new and can be effectively 'saved for later'. Note that this button changes to Add Poll in the bottom button set for users with permission to add polls to existing topics.
- The Send Topic button enables registered members to send a link to the topic by email.
- The Print button creates a simplified, printer-friendly rendering of the page.
- The author name links to the author's profile
- The author details in the lefthand column may be accompanied by further personal information.
- The topic subject links back to the start of the topic.
- The Quote button enables you to quote the post.
- Further Modify and Delete options are normally provided to enable registered members to edit their own posts.
- Report to moderator enables you to report abusive or wrongly-placed posts to the forum staff.
- Logged indicates that the IP of the author has been logged. The actual IP is only available to board administrators
- The Jump to menu provides a convenient quick method of navigating the forum.